Log Cabin Inspections
Is a log cabin your dream home? Make sure it doesn’t turn into a financial nightmare; get a log home inspection from Magnolia Home Inspection Services. Request a quote now, or call (832) 303-8048 for more information. We serve the northwest Houston area and the surrounding cities and towns.
Why Choose Us?
Anyone can inspect a log home, but very few in the area have the expertise that Magnolia does.
- Owner Jeremy Lovelady has taken the extra time (and expense) to become one of the only certified log home inspectors in the area.
- He has a thorough understanding of the technicalities and problems unique to log homes.
- Additionally, Jeremy used to be a log cabin vendor, so he has an in-depth understanding of the building process.
What to Watch for in Log Homes
No doubt, log homes are stunning homes. The wise buyer, however, needs to be aware of issues particular to these dwellings.
- Settling. During the first five to six years after building a log home, it will settle and can shrink up to eight inches! Everything in the home, therefore, has to be installed with that fact in mind. That means that the plumbing, electrical, cabinets, doors, and so on must be constructed to allow for these changes.
- Log sealant. The sealant between each log, (whether it be traditional chinking or a silicone base) needs to be done correctly to allow for the proper shed of water from log to log. Also, each log needs to be sealed so that it is impervious to water.
- Wood rot. Log homes have a higher risk of wood rot and structural integrity issues (affected by wood rot).
- Maintenance. Log cabins require a commitment to annual maintenance. A lack of maintenance can cause damage to the home.
Don’t sign on the line to purchase a log home without a log cabin inspection from Magnolia. Our qualified inspector will give you the information you need to make the right decision for your family. Request a quote now, or call (832) 303-8048. We serve the northwest Houston area and the surrounding cities including Montgomery, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, and more.