If you want to sell your home as quickly and painlessly as possible, schedule a pre-listing home inspection with Magnolia Home Inspection Services. A thorough pre-listing home inspection streamlines the process of selling a home, making for a fast, efficient transaction. This creates a winning situation for buyers, sellers, and realtors.
What Is Included with a Pre-listing Inspection?
A pre-listing inspection covers all of the same elements as a buyer’s inspection. This includes an assessment of the following features:
- Structure – including foundations, roofs, attic, ceilings, floors, doors, windows, fireplaces, and porches
- Electrical – including service entrance and panels, branch circuits, connected devices, and fixtures
- Plumbing – including plumbing supply and distribution, drains, wastes, vents, water heaters, and hydro-therapy tubs
- HVAC Systems – including furnaces, cooling systems, and ductwork
- Kitchen Appliances – except for trash compactors
- Thermal Imaging – included with every inspection
Benefits of a Pre-listing Inspection
A pre-listing inspection offers several advantages to sellers. These include:
1. Better Marketing
Pre-inspections reveal the condition of your home, for better or for worse. As such, you are equipped to market your home with transparency and accuracy. You can confidently promote your home’s selling points while simultaneously revealing the truth about repair needs. In essence, a pre-inspection allows sellers to build trust with potential buyers, making for faster, smoother transactions.
2. More Time to Make Improvements
90% of the repair needs uncovered by our home inspectors are small and inexpensive. Knowing about these needs in advance allows sellers to make simple repairs before ever listing the home. Similarly, when big ticket items need repaired, sellers can choose when and how to fix these issues, based on their needs and budget. Alternatively, sellers can disclose repair needs when listing the home and sell it as-is, while avoiding last-minute negotiations.
3. Saves Time
By clearly marketing your home and asking a fair price, sellers can count on a speedy transaction. Sellers won’t have to scramble to make repairs or haggle with buyers over repair costs.
Request a Quote
Before selling your home in Montgomery, Conroe, The Woodlands, and the surrounding northwest Houston area, request a quote on a pre-listing home inspection from Magnolia. Our home inspectors will provide you with the knowledge you need to sell your home confidently and quickly. For more information, contact us at (832) 303-8048.