Many rural properties come equipped with a well and septic tank. Before you buy a new home in the country, allow Magnolia Home Inspection Services to make sure the property’s systems are in good condition. Our InterNACHI-certified well and septic inspectors will thoroughly examine each system so you can come to a quick, informed decision.
What Is a Septic System?
In the United States, one in every five homes relies on a septic system. A septic system is essentially an underground waste removal system that does not connect to a centralized sewer system. Generally, a rural home that relies on a septic system also uses a well as its main water source.
Why Get a Well and Septic System Inspection?
Well and septic systems are expensive to repair and/or replace. Depending upon the condition of these items, homeowners could be looking at anywhere between $5,000 to $25,000 in replacement costs! Furthermore, homeowners need to know that their drinking water is free from harmful bacteria and toxins to ensure the safety of their family.
What’s Included in Well and Septic System Inspections?
Our trained professionals can inspect your system for defects and performance issues. They will also:
- Check the well tank and plumbing for overall condition and any possible leaks.
- Test the well pump under load and off load to check the pressure at the well. Essentially, we will ensure there is sufficient water pressure for the well to operate correctly.
- Examine the system to ensure the motor is shutting off when not needed.
- Open the lid on the septic system to determine if the septic tank needs to be pumped.
- Try to determine the location of the leach field.
- Check the alarm system on aerobic septic systems, and if possible, check the sprinkler heads.
- Check inside the tanks of conventional septic systems if possible.
Request a Quote
With Magnolia, it’s easy to add a well and septic system inspection to a buyer and seller inspection or a new home inspection. Plus, we also offer termite and WDI inspections, house elevation plots, thermal imaging, and pool and spa inspections. For an inspection in the northwest Houston area, call (832) 303-8048 or request a quote today.