If you are in the process of acquiring homeowner’s insurance, your insurance company may require a 4 point inspection. Oftentimes, homeowners are confused about the difference between a 4 point inspection and a complete home inspection. At Magnolia Home Inspection Services, we offer both kinds of inspections (plus many more) for homeowners throughout the northwest Houston area.
What Is a 4 Point Inspection?
Insurance companies request 4 point inspections to assess the risk involved with providing coverage for a home. 4 point inspections cover four main areas, including 1) the roof, 2) HVAC, 3) electrical systems, and 4) plumbing systems. Typically, insurance companies only require 4 point inspections on properties 25 years of age or older. This is because older home are more likely to have issues with these big ticket items than newer homes.
Should I Get a Home Inspection Too?
If you are buying a new home, we strongly recommend getting a home inspection in addition to the 4 point inspection. Whereas the 4 point inspection assesses only a few elements of the home, a home inspection is much more thorough. Our comprehensive home inspections include an assessment of the following features:
- Structure – including foundations, roof, attic, ceilings, floors, door, windows, fireplaces, and porches
- Electrical – including service entrance and panels, branch circuits, connected devices, and fixtures
- Plumbing – including plumbing supply and distribution, drains, wastes, vents, water heaters, and hydro-therapy tubs
- HVAC – including furnaces, cooling systems, and ductwork
- Kitchen appliances
- Thermal imaging – included with every inspection
Essentially, the 4 point inspection satisfies the insurance company, while the home inspection helps buyers make an informed purchase.
Why Choose Magnolia?
Of all the home inspection companies in Houston, why choose Magnolia? First of all, we pride ourselves in serving as a one-stop shop for all of your home inspection needs. From new construction home inspections to various specialty inspections, we do it all. Furthermore, our inspectors are:
- WDI and termite certified
- Well and septic certified
- Pool and spa certified
- Lawn irrigation certified
- Thermal imaging certified
- Log cabin inspection certified
Plus, because we are so confident in the quality of the services we provide, we offer a 200% money-back guarantee to all of our customers.
Request a Quote
For all of your home inspection needs in Houston, Montgomery, Conroe, Tomball, and beyond, contact Magnolia. We will quickly take care of your 4 point inspection as well as any other home inspection services you may need. For more information, call (832) 303-8048 or request a quote online today.